- May 23, 2016
- SMA talks Total Army and responsible drawdown with troops
- A growing concern over the troop drawdown, realignments across the total Army force, and questions of what that means to the average Soldier, were put to ease by Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. Dailey during his visit with deployed Soldiers in Kosovo, May 17-20.
- May 23, 2016
- 'Lead from front,' urges first Vietnamese-American U.S. general
- Viet X. Luong aspired to join an elite South Vietnamese fighting unit when he was a young boy. He didn't succeed at doing that, but he did become a U.S. Soldier and he is now a brigadier general -- the first U.S. general officer of Vietnamese descent.
101st Airborne News
- April 28, 2016
- Surgical training enhances VUMC, Fort Campbell bond
- During a deployment as a military surgeon more than a decade ago, Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Tim Nunez, M.D., felt ill prepared to perform complex trauma surgeries for an Iraqi family caught in a fire fight, but he's now committed to helping military personnel become better trained for these types of emergencies.
- February 5, 2016
- Oldest infantry battalion in 101st gears up for Joint Readiness Training Center
- Soldiers and leaders, assigned to 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), are packing their rucks, brushing up on battle drills and kissing their Families goodbye before heading off to the swamps of Fort Polk, Louisiana, for a decisive-action training environment rotation at the Joint Readiness Training Center.