- September 1, 2014
- Military Airstrikes Hit ISIL Near Mosul Dam
- U.S. military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Iraq, using fighter and attack aircraft to conduct three airstrikes near the Mosul Dam.
- September 1, 2014
- Suicide Prevention Takes Courage, Communication, Official Says
- The Veterans Affairs Department has named September National Suicide Prevention Month, but the Defense Department continues its year-round, comprehensive, multi-pronged approach to address the issue of suicide in the military, a Pentagon official said.
- June 13, 2014
- Army secretary, SMA launch Army birthday events, present Purple Hearts
- Secretary of the Army John M. McHugh and Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond F. Chandler III laid a wreath at the tomb of the Army's first commander-in-chief, President George Washington, and presented Purple Hearts to two Soldiers, at Washington's Mt. Vernon estate in Alexandria, Va., June 13, 2014.
- June 6, 2014
- President Obama pays respects, remembers heroes at Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial
- President Barack Obama and French President François Hollande spoke to more than 10,000 attendees at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-Sur-Mer, France, June 6, 2014, commemorating the memory of the Soldiers who gave their lives 70 years ago fighting to end the Nazi reign over Europe.
101st Airborne News
- August 28, 2014
- 'Rakkasans' wrap up Joint Readiness Training Center rotation
- Soldiers from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team "Rakkasans," 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), conducted a month-long training rotation to the Joint Readiness Training Center at Fort Polk, Louisiana, recently.
- August 22, 2014
- 101st Combat Aviation Brigade conducts joint forced entry at JRTC
- Air crews from 6th Battalion, 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), flew in support of 1st Brigade Combat Team rotation to the Joint Readiness Training Center, at Fort Polk, Louisiana, Aug. 14, 2014.